Kelantan Mentri Besar Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat had recently exposed about 15 clear fact evidences of Umno’s treason against the Malay Rulers and the Constitutional Monarchy which are as follows:-
1. The founder of Umno Datuk Onn Jaafar was thrown out of the Johor Royal Palace in 1920 and he took refuge at Singapore because of his criticism against the Sultan of Johor on his property and debts by his royal family members;
2. In 1974, Tan Sri Ghazali Jawi, the father of former Datuk Seri Tajol Rosli refused to resign as Mentri Besar of Perak despite of his written agreement with the Sultan of Perak earlier indicating that he would only hold the position for two years. As the result of his broken pledge, the Sultan of Perak was displeased with his rudeness and actions. Then recently Tajol Rosli said Umno never commit any treason. So, what about his father’s action?
3. In 1979, the then Mentri Besar of Pahang Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakar quarreled with the Sultan of Pahang. As the result of this, pro-Umno medias waged their criticism against the Sultan.
4. In 1983, Umno initiated to reduce the powers of the Yang Dipertuan Agong which regards to rights to declare a state of emergency. In protest of Umno’s move, the Council of Malay Rulers rejected the proposal where Umno in response to the rejection mounted a nationwide criticism against the Malay Rulers via its party controlled media and press.
5. During the Umno general assembly in 1991, the Sultan of Kelantan was widely condemned and blamed by Umno leaders and delegates for the party loss in Kelantan to PAS during the general elections.
6. At the Umno general assembly too in 1991, Umno delegates had openly called for investigation on properties and monies accumulated by the Malay Rulers. The report was widely published in Utusan Malaysia as a headline. Isn’t this treason?
7. Umno leaders and members held a mass demonstration against the Sultan of Kelantan and handed over their memorandum to him on their disagreement with the sultanate. Why didn’t the police fire their tear gas to disperse the demonstration which was without permit and illegal at that time?
8. On 18 January 1993, Umno leaders had actively initiated an amendment to the Federal Constitution to allow Malay Rulers to be charged in Special Court for their offence and any other matters. When the Malay Rulers request the move to be withheld in order to have more time to review it, Umno wage a massive press war against the Malay Rulers with various criticisms and condemnations.
9. In the year 1993 too, massive rallies organized by Umno without permits were held Alor Setar, Bagan Datoh, Seremban, Batu Pahat and Melaka to show their support to the then prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad wage their anger and condemnation against the Malay Rulers.
10. Gua Musang MP Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah once asked which one of these is more dangerous: the constitutional amendments in 1993 or the disrespect on the Sultan of Perak on 6 February 2009. According to Tengku Razaleigh, he did not agree with Bukit Gelugor MP Karpal Singh’s intention to sue the Sultan of Perak in the court but also agreed that Karpal has the right to do under the provision of the Federal Constitution which was amended in 1993. All the sudden Umno shouted and yelled at Karpal, and organized demonstrations against him in front of his residence. Actually, Umno members should hold demonstrations in front of the Umno headquarters too because it was their party leader who had first went against the royal institution.
11. A Kelantan Umno leader, Datuk Annuar Musa supported the illegal installation of Tengku Ibrahim Inderaputra as a Sultan in an effort to topple Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan. Such move by an Umno leader is clearly a disrespect, disgraceful and treason against the royalty.
12. The former Mentri Besar of Perlis Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim openly declared that he had sufficient evidence to show that the present Sultan of Kelantan Tuanku Ismail Petra was not qualified for the throne.
13. Umno information chief, Tan Sri Muhammad Muhammad Taib called Datuk Seri Mohamad Near Jamaluddin a traitor. Hasn’t he forgotten that he once absconded with the Sultan of Selangor’s daughter, Puteri Ku Yah? Due to the Sultan’s anger on Tan Sri Muhammad’s disrespect, his Datukship was withdrawn. The fact is this is also a treason.
14. After last year’s general elections, 23 of the 24 Terengganu state assemblymen threatened to boycott the swearing in of Datuk Ahmad Said as the new Mentri Besar. The rival Umno leaders made open statements condemning the Sultan of Terengganu’s alternate choice for the Mentri Besar position and insisted on wanting their Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh as the Mentri Besar. Umno members who supported Datuk Idris held demonstrations in front of the palace and took up banners and placards calling the Sultan “an animal”. Why didn’t the police arrest the Umno leaders and members for insulting the Sultan but only arrest people who demonstrated in front of Istana Kinta in Kuala Kangsar, Perak on 6 February 2009?
15. Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim boycotted the swearing in Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Isa Sabu as the new Mentri Besar of Perlis because he was not reappointed to the said position.
So, it has been clearly shown who were the real traitors and who had committed treason against the Malay Rulers and the Constitutional Monarchy. Umno is the real traitors and they committed treason against the Malay Rulers and our nation as a whole.